Dealing with Blocked Drains in Sydney: Tips and Expert Solutions
Blocked drains can range from simple blockages in the kitchen sink to stubborn clogs in your sewer line. The former is easily resolved using home remedies such as boiling water, natural cleaners (baking soda and vinegar), and a plunger, but serious blockages will require professional plumbing services with the right expertise and specialist equipment. To fix your blocked drains in Sydney, get in touch with Active Plumbing at 1300 462 284 today!
Signs, You Need Blocked Drain Services at the Earliest
If you notice any of the following signs, you probably have a blocked drain in your home.
- Foul odours- A pungent stench of sewage-like odour is usually one of the first signs of a drain blockage.
- Water overflow- If the wastewater is flowing back up into your sink, out of your toilet, or onto your shower floor, it’s a clear indication of a blocked drain or clog in your drain.
- Slow drainage- If the water seems to be pooling and taking more time to drain, there’s definitely a blockage, usually due to a build-up of grease, food, cooking oil, hair, etc.
- Gurgling sounds- This happens as a result of the water pushing against the pipes due to the blockage obstructing the water flow.
What are the Most Common Causes of a Blocked Drain?
It’s easy to overlook the little things that get flushed down the drain—whether intentionally or by accident—but over time, they accumulate and form blockages that cause health hazards and property damage.
Common causes of a blocked drain include:
- Hair- We shed hair every day, especially in the shower. It’s worse with long hair as the strands combine with soap, shampoo, and conditioner residue to form hairballs which accumulate over time.
- Foreign objects- Toiletries and sanitary products can easily get flushed down the toilet and form blockages in the U-bend. Tree roots can also grow into drains, causing drainage problems.
- Cooking oil- You should never pour cooking oil into the sink or drain as it’s too thick to flow freely, causing it to clump with food debris and form blockages.
- Food particles- While it’s common for food scraps to enter our drainage system, it’s best to prevent this as much as possible. Certain food particles such as coffee grounds clump together rather than break down, causing clogged drains.
How to Clear Blocked Drains in Sydney
If natural home remedies such as those mentioned previously fail to clear the blockage, it’s time to call for professional help.
Active Plumbing’s licensed and insured top blocked drain plumbers in Sydney are specialised in professional drain-clearing services using state-of-the-art equipment and technologies such as the following:
Active Plumbing’s licensed and insured plumbers specialise in professional drain-clearing services using state-of-the-art equipment and technologies such as the following:
- High-Pressure Water Jet Cleaner- This involves using high-pressure water jet cleaning to break down roots, debris, sludge, and grease in the sewer line or stormwater drain. A highly effective way to clear stubborn blockages.
- Electric Eel- A metal cable is fed into the stormwater line or sewer pipes, which rotates to clear the debris blocking the flow of water.
- CCTV Drain Camera- In cases where the high-pressure water jet and electric eel are not able to resolve the blockage, we’ll use a CCTV drain camera to determine the source of the blockage in the sewer or stormwater lines. We’ll then share our recommended options for your consideration.
So, if you are looking for top-blocked drain plumbers in Sydney, contact Active Plumbing without any further thinking! Call us for more information or to receive a FREE consultation today!