Are you tired of dealing with leaking shower repair services in your Sydney home or commercial property? A leaking shower not only wastes water but can also lead to structural damage and mold growth if left unaddressed. Understanding the causes of shower leaks is the first step toward finding a solution. In this blog, we’ll explore the common reasons behind shower leaks and provide expert advice on how to fix them properly.
Common Causes of a Leaking Shower
- Damaged or Worn-Out Seals: Over time, the seals around your shower fixtures, such as the faucet handles and showerhead, can deteriorate due to wear and tear, leading to leaks.
- Cracked Grout or Tile: Cracks or gaps in the grout and tile surrounding your shower can allow water to seep through, causing leaks and water damage to the underlying structure.
- Faulty Shower Pan or Liner: A damaged or improperly installed shower pan or liner can result in water pooling underneath the shower, leading to leaks and moisture problems.
- Loose or Leaking Shower Door: If your shower door is not properly sealed or if the hinges are loose, water can escape and cause leaks around the edges of the door.
- High Water Pressure: Excessive water pressure can put stress on your plumbing fixtures and cause leaks, including in your shower.
Identifying a Leak
Identifying before tackling a hidden bathroom leak, pinpointing its source is essential. Not all leaks originate from the shower. Signs of a leaky shower include water damage or mold growth on nearby walls or ceilings, dampness on carpets or clothing in proximity, and electrical issues within adjacent walls. To confirm a shower leak, follow these steps:
- Seal the shower drain with duct tape to halt drainage, ensuring a 6-inch-wide coverage around the drain.
- Without using the showerhead, fill the shower up to the top of the floor pan using buckets or an alternative water source.
- Wait for 15 to 20 minutes and inspect for leaks. Check for water accumulation or stains on the ceiling below or in the basement/crawl space.
Once a shower leak is confirmed, proceed to address the issue. Explore the following five common causes of a leaking shower and how to troubleshoot them.
How to Fix a Leaking Shower Properly?
- Replace Damaged Seals: Inspect the seals around your shower fixtures and replace any that show signs of wear or damage. Use waterproof silicone sealant to create a watertight seal.
- Repair Cracked Grout or Tile: Remove damaged grout and replace it with fresh grout. For cracked or loose tiles, carefully remove and replace them to ensure a proper seal.
- Check and Repair the Shower Pan or Liner: Inspect the shower pan or liner for any signs of damage or deterioration. If necessary, repair or replace the pan or liner to prevent water from leaking into the underlying structure.
- Tighten Shower Door Hinges: Ensure that the hinges on your shower door are securely tightened to prevent water from escaping. If the door is not sealing properly, consider replacing the door sweep or adding additional weather stripping.
- Install a Pressure Regulator: If high water pressure is causing leaks in your shower, consider installing a pressure regulator to reduce the water pressure to a safe level.
Trust Our Commercial Plumbers in Sydney for Leaking Shower Repair Services
Struggling to fix a leaking shower on your own, don’t hesitate to seek professional help. Our team of experienced commercial plumbers in Sydney specializes in diagnosing and repairing all types of plumbing issues, including shower leaks. With our expertise and advanced equipment, we can quickly and effectively resolve your leaking shower problems, restoring comfort and peace of mind to your home or business.
Ensure that your property is not damaged or disrupted because of a leaking shower. Contact us today for reliable leaking shower repair services in Sydney.
Experience top-notch plumbing repairs and maintenance services with Active Plumbing. With over 40 years of expertise, we prioritize punctuality, courtesy, and cleanliness, ensuring your satisfaction every step of the way.