Unblocking A Blocked Shower
When you have a blocked shower drain, you need a skilled bathroom drainage plumbing technician who has the knowledge in unblocking many types of clogged shower drains. Specialists in unblocking a blocked shower have the best drain equipment to clear every kind of blockages, such as tree roots, debris or anything else that can obstruct shower drains. Identifying the cause of the problem might be challenging to those homeowners who chose to repair the problem themselves. However, you may attempt these easy steps listed below to unclog your shower drain before calling a blocked shower plumbing professional if you are not pressed for time.
Clear A Clogged Shower Drain
Below are the suggested eight methods to unclog a shower drain.
- Pour boiling water down the drain. Soap or grease may be holding the clog together, so pouring boiling water may solve the problem. It may not work on its own, but might a big help when combined with another way listed below.
- Use a plunger. Successful plunging is dependent on the nature of the blockage and the design of the drain. Plunging may not be effective if the clog is deep and made of hair.
- Use the natural alternative to chemicals – baking soda and vinegar. Pour a cup of baking soda down the drain. After a few minutes, pour a cup of vinegar in the same area. The clog may dissolve after a couple of hours.
- Try to take the drain cover off and manually pull out the clog. Wear rubber gloves in doing this method. In removing the drain cover, you may need to take out a screw in the middle. Or you can pry the drain cover off with a screwdriver. Try to look and locate the clog inside the drain. If necessary, use a flashlight. If you see the clog is within your reach, pull it out with your fingers.
- Try using a hook. If you cannot reach the clog using your hands, then use a hook. You can use a piece of wire and use it as a hook.
- Try using a plumbers’ snake, also called toilet jack or an electric eel. Reach the clog by pushing the snake down the drain. Turn the handle of the snake and bring it up. See if the clog is completely removed.
- Use chemicals. Strong chemical cleaners are available at most hardware stores and supermarkets. Follow the instructions carefully, but try your best not to use them more often as they can damage drainage pipes.
- Call a licensed plumber in your area. If you don’t have time in doing these things or you are not comfortable taking your drain apart and using chemicals or if all those methods don’t work, it is time to call experts at Active Plumbing.
Suburbs we service:
Allawah, Arncliffe, Banksia, Bardwell Park, Bardwell Valley, Bexley, Bexley North, Beverley Park, Beverly Hills, Blakehurst, Brighton-Le-Sands, Carlton, Carss Park, Connells Point, Dolls Point, Hurstville, Hurstville Grove, Kingsgrove, Kogarah, Kogarah Bay, Kyeemagh, Kyle Bay, Lugarno, Monterey, Mortdale, Narwee, Oatley, Peakhurst, Peakhurst Heights, Penshurst, Ramsgate, Ramsgate Beach, Riverwood, Rockdale, Sandringham, Sans Souci, South Hurstville, Sydney Airport, Turrella, Wolli Creek