Unblocking A Blocked Shower
When you have an obstructed shower drain, you require an experienced bathroom drainage plumber who has the proficiency in uncloging many kinds of blocked shower drains. Experts in unblocking a blocked shower have the best drain equipment to clear every kind of blockages, such as tree roots, debris or anything else that can obstruct shower drains. Determining the cause of the problem may be challenging to those house owners who chose to fix the problem themselves. Nevertheless, you might attempt these simple steps below to unblock your shower drain before calling a blocked shower plumber if you are not pressed for time.
Clear A Clogged Shower Drain
Below are the suggested eight methods to unclog a shower drain.
- Pour boiling water down the drain. Soap or grease may be holding the clog together, so pouring boiling water may solve the problem. It may not work on its own, but might a big help when combined with another way listed below.
- Use a plunger. Successful plunging is dependent on the nature of the blockage and the design of the drain. Plunging may not be effective if the clog is deep and made of hair.
- Use the natural alternative to chemicals – baking soda and vinegar. Pour a cup of baking soda down the drain. After a few minutes, pour a cup of vinegar in the same area. The clog may dissolve after a couple of hours.
- Try to take the drain cover off and manually pull out the clog. Wear rubber gloves in doing this method. In removing the drain cover, you may need to take out a screw in the middle. Or you can pry the drain cover off with a screwdriver. Try to look and locate the clog inside the drain. If necessary, use a flashlight. If you see the clog is within your reach, pull it out with your fingers.
- Try using a hook. If you cannot reach the clog using your hands, then use a hook. You can use a piece of wire and use it as a hook.
- Try using a plumbers’ snake, also called toilet jack or an electric eel. Reach the clog by pushing the snake down the drain. Turn the handle of the snake and bring it up. See if the clog is completely removed.
- Use chemicals. Strong chemical cleaners are available at most hardware stores and supermarkets. Follow the instructions carefully, but try your best not to use them more often as they can damage drainage pipes.
- Call a licensed plumber in your area. If you don’t have time in doing these things or you are not comfortable taking your drain apart and using chemicals or if all those methods don’t work, it is time to call experts at Active Plumbing.
Suburbs we service:
Alfords Point, Allawah, Arncliffe, Bald Face, Bangor, Banksia, Banksmeadow, Barden Ridge, Bardwell Park, Bardwell Valley, Bayside , Beverley Park, Beverly Hills , Bexley, Bexley North, Blakehurst, Boggywell Creek, Bonnet Bay, Botany, Botany Bay, Brighton-Le-Sands, Bundeena, Burraneer, Caravan Head, Caringbah, Caringbah South, Carlton , Carlton , Carss Park, Carss Point, Como, Como West, Connells Bay, Connells Point, Cronulla, Cronulla Beach, Daceyville, Dolans Bay, Dolls Point, Eastgardens, Eastlakes, Edith Bay, Elouera, Engadine, Georges River , Gertrude Point, Grays Point, Greenhills Beach, Gungah Bay, Gymea, Gymea Bay, Harness Cask Point, Heathcote, Hillsdale, Hurstville, Hurstville Bay, Hurstville Grove, Illawong, Jannali, Jew Fish Bay, Jew Fish Point, Kangaroo Point, Kareela, Kingsgrove , Kirrawee, Kogarah , Kogarah Bay, Kurnell, Kyeemagh, Kyle Bay, Lilli Pilli, Loftus, Lucas Heights, Lugarno, Maianbar, Mascot, Matraville , Menai, Miranda, Monterey, Mortdale, Narwee , North Cronulla, North Engadine, Oatley, Oatley Bay, Oatley West, Oyster Bay, Pagewood , Peakhurst, Peakhurst Heights, Penshurst, Port Hacking, Ramsgate , Ramsgate , Ramsgate Beach, Rockdale, Rosebery , Sandringham, Sandy Point, Sans Souci , Shelly Beach, Shipwright Bay, South Hurstville, Sutherland, Sydney Airport, Sylvania, Sylvania Heights, Sylvania Waters, Taren Point, Tom Uglys Point, Turrella, Waterfall, Wolli Creek, Woolooware, Woronora, Woronora Heights, Yarrawarrah, Yowie Bay.