Unblocking A Blocked Shower
When you have a blocked shower drain, you need a skilled bathroom drainage plumber who has the knowledge in uncloging many kinds of clogged up shower drains. Specialists in uncloging a blocked shower have the best drain equipment to clear every kind of blockages, such as tree roots, debris or anything else that can block shower drains. Determining the cause of the problem may be challenging to those property owners who chose to repair the issue themselves. Nevertheless, you might attempt these basic steps listed below to unclog your shower drain before calling a blocked shower plumbing professional if you are not pressed for time.
Clear A Clogged Shower Drain
Below are the suggested eight methods to unclog a shower drain.
- Pour boiling water down the drain. Soap or grease may be holding the clog together, so pouring boiling water may solve the problem. It may not work on its own, but might a big help when combined with another way listed below.
- Use a plunger. Successful plunging is dependent on the nature of the blockage and the design of the drain. Plunging may not be effective if the clog is deep and made of hair.
- Use the natural alternative to chemicals – baking soda and vinegar. Pour a cup of baking soda down the drain. After a few minutes, pour a cup of vinegar in the same area. The clog may dissolve after a couple of hours.
- Try to take the drain cover off and manually pull out the clog. Wear rubber gloves in doing this method. In removing the drain cover, you may need to take out a screw in the middle. Or you can pry the drain cover off with a screwdriver. Try to look and locate the clog inside the drain. If necessary, use a flashlight. If you see the clog is within your reach, pull it out with your fingers.
- Try using a hook. If you cannot reach the clog using your hands, then use a hook. You can use a piece of wire and use it as a hook.
- Try using a plumbers’ snake, also called toilet jack or an electric eel. Reach the clog by pushing the snake down the drain. Turn the handle of the snake and bring it up. See if the clog is completely removed.
- Use chemicals. Strong chemical cleaners are available at most hardware stores and supermarkets. Follow the instructions carefully, but try your best not to use them more often as they can damage drainage pipes.
- Call a licensed plumber in your area. If you don’t have time in doing these things or you are not comfortable taking your drain apart and using chemicals or if all those methods don’t work, it is time to call experts at Active Plumbing.
Suburbs we service:
Arncliffe, Banksia, Banksmeadow, Bardwell Park, Bardwell Valley, Bellevue Hill , Ben Buckler, Bexley, Bexley North, Bondi, Bondi Beach, Bondi Junction, Bondi North, Bondi South, Botany, Botany Bay, Brighton-Le-Sands, Bronte, Bronte Beach, Carlton , Centennial Park , Charing Cross, Chifley, Clovelly, Coogee, Coogee Beach, Daceyville, Darling Point, Diamond Bay, Dolls Point, Double Bay, Dover Heights, Eastgardens, Eastlakes, Edgecliff, Hillsdale, Kensington, Kingsford, Kingsgrove , Kogarah , La Perouse, Little Bay, Lugar Brae, Malabar, Maroubra, Maroubra Junction, Mascot, Matraville , Mill Hill, Monterey, Nelson Bay, Paddington, Pagewood , Phillip Bay, Point Piper, Port Botany, Queens Park, Ramsgate , Ramsgate Beach, Randwick, Rockdale, Rose Bay , Rose Bay North, Rosebery , Sandringham, Sans Souci , South Coogee, Sydney Airport, Tamarama, Tamarama Bay, Turrella, Vaucluse, Watsons Bay, Waverley, Wolli Creek, Woollahra.