Pipe Installation And Repair Western Sydney
Types of Plumbing Pipes and Fittings
A branch of network of pipes and fittings substantially comprised your plumbing system. Piping systems within and outside of your home play a significant role in supplying your gas and water needs. Pipes help to remove waste in the form of waste-water and sewage and enable sewer gases to be vented to the outdoors. They are necessary to supply potable water or water for bathing in your home. Hydronic and in-floor heating systems need pipes. Today, pipes also serve as distributors of recycled water for different uses, such as toilet flushing.
Materials in Plumbing Pipes
Cast iron, copper, and galvanised pipes were the only materials in your home’s plumbing for so many years, but plastics have recently joined the group of materials in plumbing pipes as they don’t corrode and are easy to connect.
Your Choice In Pipes
While ‘plastics’ technology in plumbing pipes become more familiar, the following types of pipes are available for various systems in your house. It is best to ask your plumber what kind of pipe suits your requirement. Plumbers in Active Plumbing have local knowledge on water quality and soil conditions, which are important to consider when choosing piping materials.
- Copper pipe systems – Many of the copper plumbing systems in Australia are now about 60 years old, and most of them show little sign of ageing. Copper is ideal for carrying hot and cold water, as well as gas. It can resist corrosion quite well. Copper pipes used to be connected with soldered fittings, but to reduce the installation time, new push-fit/crimp are available for copper pipes. They need fewer fasteners to connect the pipes to wall studs than most other materials. They are also easy to install through narrow floor spaces and wall. Copper offers safe and clean water supply as the properties of its material can defend against harmful bacterial growth. It is essential though to apply protective layer when used below the ground with some soil types.
We at the Active Plumbing only use copper that meets the strict quality standards of Australia and New Zealand. Poor quality copper pipes can be very costly to replace or repair.
- Plastic pipe systems – Plastic pipes are easy to connect, non-corrosive, chemically resistant, and lightweight. However, plastic pipes are subject to various pressure and temperature limitations. Licensed plumbers in Active Plumbing are experts enough to know the water pressure on your property.
Plastic pipes come in different compositions, including polyvinyl chloride (PVC), chlorinated polyvinylchloride (CPVC), cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) or polybutylene (PB), and composite/multi-layer.
For more information about these compositions of plastic pipes, contact Active Plumbing today.
- Galvanised Pipes – Galvanised Pipes dominated Australian home construction until 1960’s. They are not installed anymore in new houses these days as they can react to minerals present in the water, resulting in scale/corrosion and eventually leading to lower water pressure.
- Cast Iron Pipes – Cast iron piping features internal/external coating, which made them more resistant to corrosion than galvanised pipes. It is commonly used today in multi-unit developments and large homes because of its inherent acoustic characteristics, which can help reduce noise transmission into adjacent apartments or rooms.
- Vitrified Clay – Most older homes have clay pipes in their underground drainage systems – stormwater, waste, & sewerage). We are likely to use a PVC pipe to extend from the clay pipe to the new fixtures. If required, though, clay pipe and fittings are still available.
Suburbs we service:
Acacia Gardens, Agnes Banks , Annandale, Arndell Park, Ashbury , Ashcroft, Ashfield, Auburn, Austral, Badgerys Creek , Balmain, Balmain East, Bankstown, Bass Hill, Baulkham Hills , Beecroft , Belfield , Belmore, Berala, Berambing, Berkshire Park, Beverly Hills , Bidwill, Bilpin, Birchgrove, Birrong, Blackett, Blacktown, Blaxlands Ridge, Bligh Park, Bowen Mountain, Bringelly , Bungarribee, Busby, Caddens, Cambridge Gardens, Cambridge Park, Camellia, Camperdown , Campsie, Canterbury, Carlingford, Carnes Hill, Cartwright, Castlereagh, Casula, Cecil Park , Chester Hill , Chipping Norton, Chullora, Claremont Meadows, Clarendon, Clemton Park, Clyde, Colebee, Colyton, Condell Park, Constitution Hill, Cornwallis, Cranebrook, Croydon , Croydon Park , Cumberland Reach, Dean Park, Denham Court , Dharruk, Dobroyd Point, Doonside, Dulwich Hill, Dundas, Dundas Valley, Earlwood, East Hills, East Kurrajong, Eastern Creek, Eastwood , Ebenezer, Edmondson Park, Emerton, Emu Heights, Emu Plains, Enmore, Epping, Ermington, Erskine Park, Fairfield , Fernances, Freemans Reach, Georges Hall, Girraween, Glendenning, Glenmore Park, Glenwood, Glossodia, Granville.
Green Valley, Greendale, Greystanes, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Guildford, Guildford West, Haberfield, Hammondville, Harris Park, Hassall Grove, Hebersham, Heckenberg, Hinchinbrook, Hobartville, Holroyd , Holsworthy, Homebush West , Horningsea Park, Hoxton Park, Huntingwood, Hurlstone Park , Jamisontown, Jordan Springs, Kellyville Ridge, Kemps Creek , Kings Langley, Kings Park, Kingsgrove , Kingswood, Kingswood Park, Kurmond, Kurrajong, Kurrajong Heights, Kurrajong Hills, Lakemba, Lalor Park, Lansdowne, Leets Vale, Leichhardt, Leonay, Leppington , Lethbridge Park, Lewisham, Lidcombe , Lilyfield, Liverpool, Llandilo, Londonderry, Luddenham , Lurnea, Maraylya, Marayong, Marrickville, Marsden Park.
Mays Hill , Mcgraths Hill, Mellong, Merrylands , Merrylands West, Middleton Grange, Miller, Milperra, Minchinbury, Moorebank, Mount Druitt, Mount Lewis, Mount Pritchard , Mount Vernon, Mountain Lagoon, Mulgoa, Mulgrave, Narwee , Newington, Newtown , North Parramatta, North Richmond, North Rocks , North St Marys, Northmead, Oakhurst, Oakville, Oatlands, Old Toongabbie, Orchard Hills, Oxley Park, Padstow, Padstow Heights, Panania, Parklea, Parramatta, Pemulwuy, Pendle Hill , Penrith, Petersham, Picnic Point, Pitt Town, Pitt Town Bottoms, Pleasure Point, Plumpton, Potts Hill, Prestons, Prospect , Punchbowl, Putty, Quakers Hill, Regents Park , Regentville, Revesby, Revesby Heights, Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Riverstone, Rookwood, Rooty Hill, Ropes Crossing, Rosehill, Roselands, Rossmore , Rozelle, Rydalmere, Sackville, Sadleir, Scheyville,
Schofields, Sefton, Seven Hills , Shalvey, Shanes Park, Silverwater, Smithfield , South Granville, South Penrith, South Wentworthville, South Windsor, St Albans, St Clair, St Marys , St Peters, Stanhope Gardens, Stanmore, Summer Hill, Sydenham, Sydney Olympic Park, Telopea, Tempe, Ten Mile Hollow, Tennyson, The Ponds, The Slopes, Toongabbie , Tregear, Upper Colo, Upper Macdonald, Villawood , Vineyard, Vineyard, Voyager Point, Wallacia , Warwick Farm, Wattle Grove, Webbs Creek, Wentworth Point, Wentworthville , Werrington, Werrington County, Werrington Downs, West Hoxton, Westmead , Whalan, Wilberforce, Wiley Park, Willmot, Windsor, Windsor Downs, Winston Hills, Wisemans Ferry, Womerah, Woodcroft, Woodpark, Wrights Creek, Yagoona, Yarramundi, Yennora